Current Openings at BGD
Black Girl Dangerous is currently seeking a summer/fall intern (now through December), located in Oakland, CA (this is not a remote position).
The Intern is a paid position that is responsible for general support tasks and assistance, as well as content creation. This internship is an opportunity to learn about the inner-workings of BGD, including online and offline publishing, content creation and non-profit management, and to support an important project by and for queer and trans people of color. The Intern is a representative of BGD and supports BGD’s interests both publicly and privately. The Intern, along with the editor in chief and other editors, is responsible for ensuring the overall quality of the BGD brand.
- Posting new writing to the BGD website, following all guidelines set forth by the Editor In Chief
- Sharing postings with BGD followers and the general public through BGD’s social media pages, including Facebook and Twitter
- Keeping a list of BGD writers, along with contact info, for honorarium disbursement each month
- Promoting BGD, including our posts, features, events and fundraisers
- Other general support tasks as needed
- Acting as a model representative of BGD and supporting our project publicly and privately
- Attending staff meetings (via Skype)
- Attending training in Oakland and/or via Skype (with remote staff)
- Checking BGD mailboxes regularly and distributing mail to appropriate staff
- You MUST have demonstrated experience meeting deadlines
- You MUST have enthusiasm for independent media
- You MUST have experience making art and/or media from a QTPoC perspective
This is a part-time position requiring 5 to 10 hours per week. Pay is $12/hr.
Applicants should be very familiar with our work and our editorial voice.
To apply, send a CV, a cover letter detailing your experience and why you want to work for BGD, and three professional references to jobs.bgd @ gmail .com ASAP. We are interviewing potential candidates now.