BGD is seeking temporary, part-time (5-10 hours/wk) support for a forthcoming project to magnify the images of trans women of color in indie media through small grants to TWoC videographers/filmmakers. Trans WOMEN of color are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
This job can be done remotely/does not require local residency.
Note: BGD is a project BY and FOR queer and trans people of color. This project is BY and FOR trans WOMEN of color.
- Administrative support experience
- Solid writing and communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Great organization and multi-tasking skills
- Enthusiasm for the work of amplifying the voices/magnifying the images of queer and trans people of color
- You MUST have extensive, preferably life-long, experience living and working with trans women of color. Please do not apply if you do not.
- Draft project documents, including project descriptions, artist proposal/application forms, and any other documents needed for the project
- Send out calls for artist proposals to relevant individuals, communities and organizations
- Coordinate the proposal/application process, including receipt and acknowledgement of artist proposals/applications, and organization of all artist proposal/application documents and samples
- Help coordinate the selection process
- Coordinate communication with artists/applicants throughout the project
- Promote the project through social media
- Other tasks as needed (we wear many hats around here)
Hours: 5 to 10 hours per week for 8 to 9 weeks
This position reports to the President/Editor-In-Chief
To apply, please send a concise cover letter DETAILING YOUR EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE LIVING AND WORKING WITH TRANS WOMEN OF COLOR, along with a resume detailing your relevant experience, to jobs.bgd @ gmail. com by May 28, 2014.